Welcome to the Yankee Genealogical Society!
YGS is a team of beginning and experienced genealogists based in Minnesota and searching for our roots in the northeastern states.
You’re invited to join us as we help each other find family origins, stories, history, and images in:
New England states:
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
- New York
Our interests range from the recent past to the Mayflower and beyond. We collaborate and share our experiences and resources to help all of our members find their roots in the northeastern United States.
Please help us to celebrate the Mayflower Anniversary by watching our 3 minute video tour of the voyage!
- click here
- quarterly meetings which are free for members and visitors. See the events listing in the right sidebar. These were traditionally held at the Minnesota Genealogy Center (MGC) near the MSP airport, but are currently virtual events.
- a quarterly newsletter with research updates and sources.
- Yankee state resources, including subscription websites and books, in the William J. Hoffman Library and Research Center at the MGC in Mendota Heights. See Research Center in the left sidebar.
- a shared listing of surnames that our members are researching.
Take some time to explore our site and learn how the Yankee Genealogical Society can help your research!
Michael Clark Family History Writing Award annual contest
The 2020 awards were announced in October at our North Star 2020 Conference
- Family Story category: Zoe von Ende Lappin of Denver, Colorado
- Problem-Solving category: Bonnie Burton of Minnetonka, Minnesota
Submissions for the next contest are encouraged, and will be accepted to July, 2021.
Watch the Yankee and MGS websites in March 2021 for full Rules and FAQ.
Please check MGS website for hours and information on MGC closures.
Minnesota Genealogy Center (MGC)
1385 Mendota Heights Road, Suite 100
Mendota Heights, Minnesota 55120